Question:
I am Indian national in UK on tourist Visa. I want visit switzerland for 4-5 days. Do I need seperate Visa ?
Amit
2006-06-27 05:16:32 UTC
I am Indian national in UK on tourist Visa. I want visit switzerland for 4-5 days. Do I need seperate Visa ?
Six answers:
swissnick
2006-06-27 05:21:05 UTC
Yes, you do need an extra visa. Contact the Swiss embassy in London - see the link suggested.
arvind_vyas
2006-06-27 12:22:10 UTC
Yes, the rules are very clear. If you do not have a work permit (or green card) for UK you would not get a visa for any country from UK, you may have to travel back to India to get the Swiss visa.
nopepsinocoke
2006-06-27 15:33:43 UTC
You Need a separate Visa to Swiss. Moreover you will not get a visa whle you are in the UK . you must get a visa from Swiss embassy or consulate in India. Let Me tell you they are very strict.
M85
2006-06-27 20:09:14 UTC
SWITZERLAND HAS RECENTLY BECAME A MEMBER OF SHENGEN UNION AND THEORETICALLY IF YOU HAVE A VALID UK VISA AND IF ITS SHENGEN ONE YOU CAN VISIT THE COUNTRY IF NO THEN YOU WOULD PROBABLY NEED TO OPEN A NEW ONE PARTICULARLY FOR SWITZERLAND BUT YOU BETTER TO CALL TO THE EMBASSY ANYWAYS.

CHEERS
abuela Nany
2006-06-27 12:20:25 UTC
Yes you do...Phone the Swiss Embassy in London for details
Jamaal
2006-06-27 12:19:39 UTC
Don't visit Switzerland, it's boring.